December 17, 2010

Green With Envy

My wonderful dad is coming for two weeks during the Holidays! I am so excited. Every time my dad comes he likes to be put to work. I guess its a "Dad" thing, but he likes to feel like he is helping me like I'm some kind of damsel in distress. So before he comes I get to thinking about projects that I've wanted to accomplish. This trip we will be painting the kitchen. I am really excited because I feel like my kitchen is stuck in this country/shabby chic rut! I really don't like either. I would like to modernize(if that is a word). Paint is always a good and CHEAP place to start. Here is a picture of what my kitchen looks like now.....

I wanted to paint the cabinets but my husband laid down the law and said no. I guess he is right. They are new and in great condition. I really wanted to paint them a shade of green like Pure Style Home, a great blog if you haven't checked it out. Picture below...




http://www.purestylehome.blogspot.com/




If I can't paint the cabinets green I am going to paint the walls green. I decided to go with...



(Shortgrass Prairie-Behr)
I'm thinking of adding new hardware as well to give it a more modern feel. I like these steel rod pulls. They are 7.99 for a two pack!
If any of you have any kitchen ideas for me I would love to hear them!
xoxo,
Heather












3 comments:

  1. Oh NO! Those cabinets are really nice. The walls will do just fine. I love the chalkboard paint on the fridge. I let my daughter use dry erase markers on our white fridge and it comes off really well with soft scrub

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather the green will be gorgeous! Love the new hardware you're looking at. I like to have a list for my dad when he visits too :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. my husband was the same way, but loves them now that they are done. although yours are just fine now too ;)

    ReplyDelete