January 28, 2011

Southern Style Stuffed Bell Peppers

Yumm...

This is a family fav' in my house. My family is from New Orleans, so anything I can put a little "Southern" into is good to me. This recipe only takes 30 minutes! Here it goes...

******************************
Ingredients
  • Bell peppers(your fav" color)
  • Cheddar Cheese
  • Zaterran's Jambalaya Rice Mix
  • Your favorite smoked sausage(I use Trader Joe's Chicken Andullie)
*******************************************************
Directions

  • Cut the top off bell peppers and clean out the seeds
  • Cut sausage of choice in small pieces and cook in pan until crispy,then put aside
  • Fallow instructions on Zaterran's box for rice
  • When rice is done fold in sausage
  • Spoon in the sausage/rice mix into each bell pepper
  • Cover bell pepper with your favorite cheese (Cheddar for me)
  • Put in the oven at 350 deg. for 10 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble

That's how we do it in the South!

Night Y'all,
Heather

2 comments:

  1. mmmmmm...I wanna try! Looking forward to our "date" tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that recipes looks yummy (cheese!) and totally doable.

    ReplyDelete