May 6, 2012

Closet Cleanup



I finally finished the closet.  It kind of put me over the edge having my whole closet upside down for a week, but it was good motivation to get it finished.  I really like the dark walls.  It kind of reminds me of Carrie's closet from Sex in the City.  I spray painted the hardware black  so there wasn't a huge contrast in the walls.  I organized my jewelry in small bowls that I have collected from random stops to Good Will over the years and a divided lucite tray.  Finally, I made a pin board that I wrapped in linen to hang my necklaces on.   All in all, it sure feels good to get organized. 









I couldn't forget to display a picture of my mom.  After she passed I inherited a lot of her gorgeous jewelry.  It's a neat feeling putting her jewelry on in the morning and seeing her picture.











Here's to Spring Cleaning!

Be Well,
Heather

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Your closet is so dark and dramatic and it makes your clothes really stand out. I love that shot of the clothes organized by color. Looks boutique-y!

    I can only imagine how good it feels to get this project completed and i bet it was cost effective too.
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, especially the vignette you created on the chest including that very chic picture of your mom! I love it when something special is displayed in a fabulous way! M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo organized and lovely. The dark background is great--dramatic and chic. Great vignette with the bowls and boxes and your mom's pic too. Is your dresser in the closet? I love that look. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete