July 2, 2010

Fiddle Leaf Fig

I have been looking for a great indoor year around tree and have been noticing one in particular in tons of magazines and photos. It is called the Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree. I did some research and found out that....

1.They require medium light
2.They do not need a lot of water (over watering will lead to yellow and brown leaves)

3. They are slow growing


I love the large leaves and the skinny trunk. The leaves are a beautiful deep green with very visual veins. It is not over stuffy like a big boxwood and not too casual like an ordinary palm tree. For a traditional yet casual feel this tree could be your best fit!






Here is a picture of where I put my new Fig Tree. I love the way it fills the corner of the room behind my chair!



Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment