April 5, 2011

DIY Lamp Shade & Rug


I saw this DIY lamp shade project a while back and thought I would share it with you. Here are the simple steps...

Pick a fabric of your choice


Measure fabric needed then cut. Spray fabric spray adhesive to back of fabric.


Carefully and as straight as possible roll the now sticky fabric to lamp shade.

 

Smooth down any wrinkles or bubbles under fabric and finish off with a coordinating color ribbon to hide the ends of fabric.

Viola!

I think I want to use this fabric...

Or this one...


To cover a lamp shade in our guest bedroom.  I found these two block print fabrics on eBay. Only 12 bucks for 2 1/2 yards. 

***********************************

 On the topic of block print, I am loving this paisley block print rug by Lands End.  And for under 30 bucks it can be yours! I can't believe the price. I wish I had a place for it. 

XO,
Heather

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Heather, please tell me how the fabric from Ebay turns out if you choose to buy it. I've been watching a few of the patterns for awhile now but have yet to take the plunge...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea. I absolutely can tackle this project... even though I am not handy at all.

    PS- love that rug. And I Just may have a spot for it!

    PPS- loving your blog. Found you through Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great idea! Seriously and look how easy it was! I cannot wait to make my own!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore, adore, adore both block prints you chose. I don't know how you are going to decide!

    ReplyDelete