August 15, 2011

Then and Now - Curb Appeal

Here is a quick Then & Now of the front of our home. 

Then - 4 years ago


 
Now- Last night

 


 

I can't tell you how much I love to be in the garden! After a hard day there is nothing better than pulling some weeds and watering my plants.  I know it might sound crazy, but this is my time that I get to be quiet and think. 
I planted my roses 3 years ago (Iceberg Florabundas) and they have taken off! I also love my Maple tree and how it looks like it is on fire when the sun hits it.  Lastly my rain chain.  You can't live in Portland and not have a rain chain.  It acts as a natural wind chime when it is raining.  Music to my ears.

xo,
Heather

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of a rain chain! I want one now! Your home looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really have taken off, Heather! The roses are gorgeous, gorgeous and I absolutely adore your Japanese maple. Your little balcony is cute too. Is that the breakfast nook I see through the bottom window?

    So, hey, I think you should do another post on your laundry room, wide angle. I went back and looked at your cute light fixture and noticed the adorable stripes in there.

    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so, so lovely! And I totally agree about how relaxing and peaceful gardening can be.

    ReplyDelete