January 11, 2011

Texas Turkey Chili & Home galleries

I have been a bit under the weather and decided to make some comfort food. I tried a new recipe and I had to share it with ya'll.
Texas Turkey Chili
(Rachael Ray)
Ingredients
1 bell pepper finely chopped
1 onion finely chopped
1/4 cup tomato paste
Tbsp chili powder
1 Lb. ground turkey
1 14.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
1 bottle of beer
15.5 ounce can of kidney beans
salt & pepper to taste
2 Tbsp olive oil




Directions
Coat your dutch oven or stock pot with olive oil. Add your chopped bell pepper and onion and let cook until onion is transparent. Stir in tomato paste and chili powder. Then add your turkey. Cook until pink is gone then add can of beer,crushed tomatoes and bring to a boil. Then lower heat and let cook for about 10 min. Finally add your kidney beans until heated through and serve!
(I added corn to mine as well and served with corn bread).


I also wanted to share these pictures with you because they have been my inspiration for a project of my own in my kitchen. Pictures to come.




Can you guess what I did?
xoxo,
Heather









1 comment:

  1. It's a gallery wall! It's a gallery wall! Can't wait to see the finished product-- and pictures of the hanging process too. Plus, you'll have to tell us where you got the frames.

    ReplyDelete